Ahliyyah & Mutran's Strategic Renewal
Tanweer, in Arabic, means to enlighten; an act that is at the core of our educational pursuits at Ahliyyah & Mutran. Our attempt is grounded in holistic education and aims at promoting societal transformation for positive change. Ahliyyah & Mutran launched Tanweer in 2017 to create a safe and open space for dialogue across the different sectors in society to further understand the multiple factors and issues that hinder societal development in Jordan. Tanweer also calls for an immediate termination for the isolation of education from society, and the replacement of colonial and stereotypical systems to consequently reach an impactful and effective change in society.
Ahliyyah & Mutran's Pillars
Through our Tanweer project, we aim to document the educational model of the Ahliyyah & Mutran and establish an Integral Arts and Humanities College, both of which will be founded on the following five main pillars:
- Arab Emancipatory Education: An education that reclaims the right of Arab students to imagine, and co-create meaning and knowledge. Hence, education becomes a tool for emancipation from colonized, capitalistic, patriarchal knowledge systems.
- Well-being: Where all educational practices and outcomes feed into our well-being, starting with the individual and moving to the collective well-being.
- Innovative Learning: Learning practices and outcomes lead to new forms of knowledge that contribute towards greater research and learning advancements.
- Community Engagement: Where the community is a source of knowledge and value creation as well as an incubator for research and experimentation.
- Enlightened Humanism: Which refers to the process by which acquired knowledge and learning experiences liberates humanism, hence creating spaces that unite rather than separate us.