Al - Kashef Center
Al-Kashef Center plays a central role at Ahliyyah & Mutran. It was established in 1995 for inclusive education in order to respond to individual needs, offering its free of charge services. Our mission is to empower our students to reach their full potential by providing a safe environment that includes everybody, celebrates differences and supports learning, where students can master the skills needed to become successful lifelong learners.
In the summer of 2009, the Center became one of the certified Irlen Centers with (2) diagnosticians, and (7) screeners in this field. The Center can diagnose cases as well as train teachers to become diagnosticians. Al-Kashef has a team of 75 qualified administrative and academic staff specialized in their field with extensive experience in training, teaching or assessing special educational needs. The support teachers work alongside the main teachers, inside the classrooms supporting students from KG to Grade 10. Pur support teachers are all lifelong learners and are part of ongoing professional development inside and outside the school to self-reflect and develop their traits leading them to deliver quality education.
Al - Kashef Objectives
- Early identification of any learning challenges and early intervention
- To provide support to students in an inclusive classroom setting
- To cater for the educational needs of all students
- To assist in creating a change in attitudes where labeling is banished and the community accepts and embraces all its members, free from bias
- To apply for authorized “Inclusive Assessment Arrangements”
- To offer training and workshops for parents and teachers